The Sony Entertainment Entertainment Group (SGE) will not make any big announcements for Q3, the company said on Thursday.
The news comes as the entertainment company faces the fallout from the “The Interview” attack and Sony Corp’s decision to pull the film from theaters, sparking criticism from some consumers and critics.
Sony has faced pressure from investors to address the film’s critical response.
However, the entertainment giant is still struggling to recover from the global economic slowdown and the Sony Entertainment Group, which owns theaters, said last month that it was focusing on its core business.
“It’s too early to say anything specific, but it’s important for us to continue to focus on our core business,” Sony chief financial officer Joe Horta told Reuters in an interview.
“We have been making progress with our core businesses and are now focused on our other businesses.”
Sony will hold its quarterly conference call at 1:30 p.m.
ET on Thursday and then make an announcement about its financial performance.
The company will not announce any further layoffs or layoffs in the U.S., Horta said.
Sony’s outlook for the quarter was unchanged at 56.4 billion yen ($63.75 billion), or $2.8 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The Tokyo-based company reported net income of 1.5 trillion yen ($1.7 billion), up 0.1 percent from a year ago.
It also earned revenue of 7.4 trillion yen, or 9.6 percent of its total revenue.
The film’s gross ticket sales were up 16.4 percent, or 2.2 billion, to 5.1 billion, or $3.4 million.
The studio earned more than $8 million on the domestic market for the period.
It reported its quarterly earnings per share of 32 cents, up 6.2 percent from the same period last year.